the day after the day after

today was better. so so much better. my range of motion in my neck has increased dramatically! i don't have to rely on peripheral vision just to look at someone when they're talking to me. and i slept so good and hard today. i guess i needed it. :)

i didn't take any meds today except some major ibuprofen first thing this morning. i wanted to see how bad off i really was and am surprised by how much better i really am already! i attribute it fully to God's response to the many prayers of my friends and family. aren't they awesome??

my neck and chest are still sore, and it makes swallowing feel 'heavy' and sore. i did still put ice on my knee-knots but even those have gone down and the bruise on my hip from my safety belt buckle is not hindering me from laying on that side.

the rest of me just feels like i worked out way too hard 2 days ago. which, well, i guess i DID!

we still don't know if my car is salvageable, but either way i'm not real concerned. i know God is going to protect us and care for us, even if things don't go "our way", so how can i even get a notion of gripe in with that truth wrapping itself around me?

and tonight one of our dear friends is bringing us subway. while it isn't at all necessary, it is blessedly and graciously accepted and makes me realize once again how much i have. friends wow me. and i know it is the love of God that propels them to do these seemingly simple things that amount to way more on my end than they could fully know.

as my body heals, i am quite overcome and overwhelmed with how much is in His hands and how much i don't want it in mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment