anew

a new life, a new blog.

that's what i told my dot today.

although when i said that i was going to go back, wipeout my old blog, reinstall moveable type, again!, and start afresh. then i thought about it. and said to myself: this isn't what i want. i want a program to do all the work for me. i don't want to worry about programming and stylesheets and troubleshooting anymore. i want to type and hit the pretty publish button and then go have a coffee and danish and not worry about the derned program running properly or locking me out and ne'er letting me back in for 6 months or some other issue that, yes, i've already encountered and spent countless hours immersed in support forums trying to rectify.

so i wash my hands of moveable type and have moved on (or, rather back!) to blogger.

b'sides. everything in my life is so incredibly new and changed right now, the old blog is almost irrelevant. almost. it is my history, afterall. so to that end, i may consider reposting all those years of entries and linking back to them someday. but for now i will content myself with the now and the forevermore.

i am having quite the déjà vu moment. years (and years and years) ago when i first put hand to keyboard to produce my very first blog entry, i was in the final stages of a job about to enter the ministry for the first time in my life. it was september 12, 2000. the entry's title was "on my way out". i was killing time, itching to go. i had a new life ahead of me and it was all i could do to keep from running full boar for it. but i had a job to complete and so i sat there (with an emphasis on the word 'sat'.. my second entry was titled "my hiney hurts") biding my time until they opened the doors and cut me loose.

and now, almost exactly 6 years later i sit at my computer, staring at the screen, trying desparately to remain useful in the final stages of my job all the while complaining that my hiney hurts. just not out loud, mind you. i am, after all, a lady. i am also about to take up the ministry again. and i am about to expand right out of my skin with excitement.

i am also recently married to my dot. my high school sweetheart. my beloved. my heart. we had lost touch since hs and had reconnected may 13, 2003 only to discover to my chagrin that he still made my heart go pitter pat. apparently i had a similar effect on him. and so on july 15 of this year we tied the knot with a backyard barbeque and 70 or so of our family and closest friends.

people ask me now how newly married life is. i am at a loss for a response because, truth is, i do not know. we have both been so incredibly busy i hardly feel married. our house is still not put together since the berry exodus. we still have some of his stuff at his house, which we are trying to remodel enough to sell. i am working two jobs, juggling the old and the new. and we are both volunteers for the revolution venue at our church. we can't seem to get our schedules to calm down enough to actually sit. relax. enjoy.

we're praying for a reprieve soon. until then, we are just trying to keep from drowning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment