i'm dreaming again

i go through phases where my dreams are vibrant and detailed and poignant. i wake up remembering most of them, and carry the feelings from them with me throughout the day.

i can remember dreams i've had where i've made people laugh or were so colorful i remarked on it while i was in it! i had a dream last night where i yelled, which is unusual for me awake or asleep. i'm not a yeller. and i felt terrible about it when i did it. good. i shouldn't be yelling.

at one time i had a theory that we never dream about using the um.. uh.. potty. i was convinced of it because i had never remembered dreaming about it. not that i was complaining, mind you!! but eventually that theory got flushed. heh. sorry.

there have been a few times where my dad was in my dream and i woke up thinking how good it was to see him again.

a couple of years ago i wrote a novella and during the writing process i had a dream where i had a great idea and had actually written something. i woke up trying to remember what it was so i could use it and stopped short thinking - is it plagiarism if you steal your own work... even if you weren't awake when you wrote it? my subconscious gets to have all good ideas!

i went through a weird time in my life, during and just after college, where i was being sought after by nazis because either i was a jew, they thought i was a jew, or i was caring for jews in my home. in some of them i was even harmed. and in one i was killed and had an amazing heavenly experience.

and then once in a while, i'll have a dream where i will say something or do something that pleases God. or i'll get to witness to someone. or set an example in Christ's name. those are the best! i wake up elated that i got to live out the christian life even in my dreams!! that it permeates my life so much that it creeps into my subconscious. i'll take all that i can get!

i love dreams. they take me to places i could sometimes only dare to go, and yet they can ground me, make me somber and thoughtful, they can teach and challenge, they can set me free, they are hopeful and full of wonder.

i'm delighted to be dreaming again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment