order my day

i attended a leadership training session yesterday (kingdom training - will be held once a month.. i'm pretty excited about it). during one of the exercises we had to split off into teams of two, but you had to find someone you didn't know. there was a guy at the next table that stepped toward ours, so i nodded to see if he wanted to be my teammate. he sat down and we had to "listen" to each other for a minute each, take notes, ask questions, etc. it was a pretty good exercise in listening, and the material we went over for the session was awesome.

anyway, as i was listening, i learned that i was paired up with someone who had been in the NFL. uh, how cool is that? turns out it was george teague. since i talked first and told him about my blog, he then shared his website with me.

i felt a little embarrassed because i didn't know who he was and ended up saying something to the effect of: "so, i just met a celebrity?" he was very gracious and very humble.

i also won a prize! another exercise in listening was to take a quiz on the seminar we had just watched. i got 9 of the 10 questions correct. so did 2 other people. the three of us ended up getting a "dinner on me" card to a burger place in frisco.

burgers. hmmm.

well apparently my dot had a busy day as well and received a gift certificate to barnes and noble.

books. hmmm.

we determined a trade was definitely in order.

***


i had an epiphanal moment the other day. i was asking a girlfriend of mine how she keeps track of all the 'outstandings' in her job. she has a lot of people that she has to rely on to get back to her in order for her to proceed with things.

she said when she has her quiet time in the mornings, she prays over whatever is outstanding.

it really took me back. it was like hearing something you've heard all your life, but for the first time it actually made sense. the reality of it was dawning on me, getting me really excited, and i had to process it. so i called jan.

and she said, oh yea! and told me about a friend of hers who used to pray every morning for God to "order my day". and every day she remembered to do that, her day was efficient and smooth and things got done. but if she happened to forget her day would be chaotic, things would slip through the cracks, etc.

had everyone knew this elemental truth but me? i felt silly - such a simple and seemingly obvious thing had never even occurred to me! i was floored by the revelation!

i went home and wrote "order my day" across the bathroom mirror to remind me to seek God every morning on all matters of my day. all of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment