the quiet moments

this morning i got up a little early to peel yams and get them in the crockpot. my plan was to get it going and then head back to bed, but the quiet of the morning called to me and instead i sat down and went through some old entries in my writing blog and my bible study blog.

some of my favorites:
strangers in heaven - orangesque
the father lovs us - the orange bible
string of pearls - orangesque
my life is a dash - orangesque
beware - the orange bible

the sad truth is i haven't really written in a long while. i haven't taken the time to sit, think, ponder, and then lay it all out on a page. i love to use words as my palette with which i can paint an idea, a theme, or an entire landscape of thought.

i know there are seasons we live through and some are conducive to taking those quiet moments and creating, and some may not be. regardless, i need to take more quiet moments. i know that. but i usually choose to be lazy.

i miss the quiet moments. i need to remedy that.

1 comments:

Anonymous 14/3/09 1:50 PM  

This is why I get up early. The quiet. Time to be with my Father and think and read and sometimes write. To highlight my Bible and drink deeply. To look out the window at the little birds.....I love the morning.

Post a Comment