one more reason why i love mckinney fellowship

folks - this is awesome. this is yet another reason why i love worshiping at mckinney fellowship. bruce doesn’t want some title or ‘honor’. he just wants to serve God, just like the rest of us: in the role God has designed him to serve.

i love that bruce gets the fact that just because God has called him to a different role than others, doesn’t mean he deserves special honors or distinction. and i love that he just wants to be like Jesus. and Jesus was a great non-conformist, wasn’t he? he shucked titles and taught a radical thing called: LOVE!

seriously. i love that i get to worship with people who just wanna be like Jesus.


On 4/29/09 3:23 PM, "Bruce Miller" wrote:

Lowly servants of God,
 
It was come to my attention that some have stopped referring to me as Reverend Bishop Miller. This is greatly concerning a man of my stature, status and accomplishment. Certainly my titles should befit my office.
 
Seriously . . . .  biblically we are ALL priests, ministers and missionaries. Please do not call me or refer to me as Pastor Bruce or Pastor Miller. I despise it. It does not honor me; it upsets me. It sends the wrong message, an unbiblical one. This is a creeping trend in our church once again. I do not know why people are attracted to titles, but let’s resist the trend to honor the truth that we are all members of one body with no member of more honor than another. Let’s resist the desire for a priesthood, to clergy. Jesus did away with that.
 
Thanks for enduring my rant.
 
Just, Bruce

0 comments:

Post a Comment