my hearts prayer

father - i know, like job, i might be tempted to 'reprove' my friends when they admonish me; out of fear of appearing undignified, of feeling mocked.

what would turn counsel of friends into mockery? and unhumbled heart. me seeking me.

may i not seek self, but may i seek you and you alone.

may my humanness, my self-centered ways, be carved out of me and may they not thwart the mission to reach out to people who are dying and hellbound because they do not know you.

may i get out of the way and into the call of your mission.

please forgive me my rebellion and may i desire you and seek you with my whole heart and all of my might.

please change me. give me a heart - your heart - for the lost, the hurting, the dying.

i love you. please help me to love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous 27/1/10 1:03 AM  

Thank you so much for that. Your prayer is so honest and pure. May our God richly bless you and give you the desires of your heart.
Blessings,
Tim

Anonymous 10/2/10 9:24 PM  

Im right there with you , I want the heart of the king and want to be changed

Anonymous 29/9/10 3:05 PM  

Didn't Job reprove his friends because he knew they were wrong. He was blameless but they stuck to the notion that only bad things happen to bad people, but he knew better, job knew that his life was entirely at Gods mercy?
I love your prayer, it is true, it is honest, i just wanted to point that out.

Post a Comment

chaos? monotony?


both. neither. a mashup.

all of the above.

whatever it is, it is my life.

and i love every minute of it.

:: trace jackson