the brightest reflection

this morning i was reading in acts 19 where it talks about God doing miracles through paul, so much so that in verse 12 it says that,

even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them

sometimes i get crazy amazed and filled with wonder all over again when i see a bright moon shining down, alighting the night. my husband probably gets tired of hearing me say, "isn't that amazing?.. that's the SUN making that moon so bright. it's because of the sun's light reflecting off that moon that gives us light in the night. isn't that amazing?!?" he's heard me say it at least 50 times.

but it's because it seriously blows me away. you know those nights, right? where the moon is shining so bright you can hardly look at it and it lights up the night like you've got a lamp turned on. the sun is THAT bright. man oh man.

well, when i read that verse about paul, i thought. wow - that blows me away, that God is THAT powerful, he is THAT miraculous that his power and healing are reflecting off paul and lighting the darkness around him. so much so that people don't even have to come into contact with him, only with things that he's touched!!!

it's like God is the sun reflecting off the paul-moon. and then paul becomes a sun himself, reflecting off all the things he touches that get carried to others who get healed by them. a reflection of a reflection. God is THAT bright that his power is still healing after two iterations of reflections.

doesn't that kinda blow your mind?

and we get to participate. we get to reflect Him.

hunh. pretty rockin'

1 comments:

Sanguine Cole 24/9/11 12:35 AM  

it reminds me of the women who touched Jesus' robes. I mean to have that faith that there was even power in His clothes! I mean man if it was me I would have tackled Him with a bear hug just to be sure! I know there's so much more in that story but I always can't help but put myself in her place. And of course when Jesus looks at her (or me imagining myself in her place) it makes me tear up.

Post a Comment