is this a burping house?

when i burp my mother gives me the eye. you know - the stink eye with a raised brow that says i'm in big doo-doo. she thinks it isn't very lady-like, and while i'll admit there are certain social niceties we should all be mindful of, i must stress that "all" should be mindful. what makes burping from a guy more acceptable than from a girl? hmmmh?

the best burper - no! that doesn't do her justice - belcher!! the best belcher i have ever heard is my aunt. she can vibrate walls, register on the richter scale, and has, on occasion, attracted lion cubs responding to her roar.

i aspire to be as good as she.

my brother comes close. he used to burp the alphabet, earning himself the stink eye, to which he would respond, "i didn't do it on burpose."

when i get a good one, a real rumbly from my tumbly i'm right proud of myself. and so's my dot. he'll give accolades when deserved.

and sometimes it's a contest to see who can expel the mightiest between us. hey! when you don't have cable, you gotta find yer entertainment where you can.

i had a mindblowingly genius idea for a blog entry, but when i leaned forward to pull my laptop screen toward for closer viewing, i burped, and all other thoughts were blasted from me. and all i could write about was this simple joy we find ourselves many times too proper to indulge in.

friends.. join me in one of life's greater pleasures. burp. go on, it's okay. just do it! do it loud and do it proud. do it!

***eerrrrpppp!!!***

(and then say excuse me so you won't get the stink eye.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment