a new day has dawned on me

a whirlwind weekend has dumped me into a new job with quiet mornings to start me new days fresh and rested.

thursday evening we moved things out of the house to get ready for company, and my brother came over to pick up some of their stuff that was still here. i threw out my back somewhere between moving furniture and a mad cleaning spree.

on friday my sis-in-law had a hysterectomy. she would have been able to come home on sunday, but she has had a few minor complications arise that have delayed her return. her blood pressure was down, hadn't been able to complete some routine tasks, and has been plagued by terrible headaches. by yesterday afternoon she was feeling pretty good (except for a headache) and would have probably been released if it had not been so late in the day. but just as well since she is going to see a neurologist today about those headaches.

friday evening after visiting g in the hospital, i came home to my dot's folks arriving to stay with us.

saturday morning was our development-wide garage sale. my dot wouldn't let me help set up much since my back was still hurting. around 10am jt showed up and we perused the neighborhood for some REVO supplies. i found out i am a bargainer!! talked a guy into selling an old fashioned sink (the kind with the bowl and the pitcher set on a dainty wooden stand) for $20 and i got a pillow donated to the church. whoop!

after making $157.75 we decided to call it quits and moved the unsold items back into our garage. not much was left, though.

we went to the church and set up for the next morning's service, came back home and showered, dressed and went to dinner with friends to celebrate a birfday.

on sun morning we got to church around 7am and got down to bidne! and i got prayed over. aww.. my dot asked the group for prayer over my back so they went right to it and laid their hands on me and asked God to heal me. by that afternoon i was jumping up and down to the songs!!!

after church we had a creative meeting that had us finally headed for home around 3pm where we both promptly fell into a deep, serene... nap! until i had to get up and run out for groceries before caro showed up. i made burritos and we watched underworld while my dot played his game.

yesterday morning, i got up and went to my very first [official] day at my brand spankin' new job! we had a chili cookoff (i submitted the worship arts dept's chili - vegetarian, of course), a staff meeting where we got to pray over all the requested we'd received at church the day before, got my computer almost all set up, and got ready for our monday night REVO service.

which, by the way, seriously rocked the house. on our way home from the service, jt called me and said, "God took over". no kidding. we had more people on a monday than we'd had before, considering the fair opened this weekend and it's allen school break. and the people were totally worshipping and experiencing God in that place! what a treat to be a part of that.

i fell asleep on the couch last night [not] watching buffy.

and that breaks us to this morning. i'm sitting at 'my' desk (it's a beautiful roll-top desk that my dot made, i think out of oak) going over emails and mail and thinking to myself how wonderful it is to be able to wake up without the startling sound of my alarm, knowing i don't have a commute anymore and that i get to participate in God's work and the furtherance of His kingdom. and i get paid to do it.

doesn't seem fair to the rest of 'em.

0 comments:

Post a Comment