a new friend

there was a woman at my church who would sing with the worship team from time to time. and then i started seeing her more during the worship service - i remember one in particular. i was asked at the last minute to take a part in reading scripture during serving at one of the communion stations. it was maybe one of the coolest things we had done during a service. turns out she was the one responsible for it. the cool thing, i mean.

anyway, one day i passed her in the hallway where we exchange compliments about each other's hair. and i thought to myself - i'd really like to know her.. she is so cool. i found out later that, miraculously enough, she thought the same about me.

later, i was talking to our friend abby-gail and had told her about some things i'd been thinking about the direction my life was heading, how i felt about some changes going on at church, and some things on my heart. the next day this woman went to abby-gail asking about me and how i could fit in.. possibly. and, well, the two conversations were completely on the same page.

and.. we've been thinking alike ever since.

my new friend, my long lost twin, my jt-berry. she even hired me to join her staff as venue director. the position i just started this week. and i cannot think of any job i've ever had that has fit me more, felt better, and been more my element than this.

it really is a bit spooky to be around her sometimes when i notice even a very small and seemingly inconsequential thing about her is just like me. we even have the same wedding band and our husbands have the same name.

i consider it a blessing to know her and am honored to call her friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment