a spirit of yes

that's a neat catchy phrase, don't you think?.. "a spirit of yes".

i was talking with a friend of mine yesterday about how sometimes God may not want us to actually DO something, but to be WILLING to do something. like, in her case, going on a trip to poland. when she was first approached about this trip, her response was

i don't want to go, but i will if You want me to

then there's that part where God deals with your heart, challenges you, changes you,.. molds you into the person He has designed you to be. that is what happened to my friend. she developed a change of heart about the trip. it became

i want to go, but i will stay if You want me to

i will stay? yes, as it turned out, along with her heart change, the trip changed and there was a big possibility that it would not happen after all.

we talked about how, perhaps, God's design in all of this was to get her to place where she had a spirit of 'yes'.

boy howdy do i know about that! He has certainly done that in my life, over and over, and even very recently (which is not a surprise to you if you read my blogs).

that is my prayer, my heart - is to always face God and the life that He lays out before me with a spirit of yes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment