sudoku and the feast

last night i realized where my dot got his snoring. his dad was sleeping in the room next to us, just outside our door and my dot was on the other side of me in the bed. i was essentially right between the two of them. and they snored.

i could kick my dot. but..

..so i endured it. i was very tired when i got up this morning. i heard some voices and thought i'd better get in the bathroom before it starts filling with people wanting to shower.

after i got out of the bathroom i saw that the only ones up were my dot's parents. they chatted with me a bit, offered me some coffee, and that was that. i was out of bed for good. i had some pumpkin bread with my coffee and pretty soon my dot joined us.

it wasn't really long after that when his mom got to work on cooking for lunch. all that preparation!!! and she says it's worth it. she says she usually cries after everyone leaves each year, because she enjoys having everyone over just that much. and enjoys all the work it takes to put together the feast. hmh. hard to wrap my brain around.

i helped out where i could and tried to keep out of the way when i couldn't help.

finally kriss declared it ready, uncle vann prayed over the meal, and the feasting began. not counting the meat (because i hardly looked at what there was) we had:

broccoli & cheese casserole
green beans
corn
brussel sprouts
peanut butter filled or cheese filled celery
cranberry sauce
shrimp (made special for me)
rolls
dressing
deviled eggs
pickles
olives
sweet potatoes
mashed potatoes
gravy

lunch was very very good. i stuffed myself. just like a turkey. heh.

shortly thereafter a few naps commenced, some of which lasted until well into early evening. but about 6 of us sat down and played a game of phase 10, which also lasted until well into early evening.

then we brought out the tangoes again and played with that for a little while. now a bunch of us are on our laptops and all of the kids are around the pc. i've been playing sudoku.

and i plan on turning in soon. i'm yawning a lot.

all in all - a very enjoyable thanksgiving holiday with my new family, and my dot's and my first thanksgiving together as husband and wife!!

he is at the top of my list of things i am thankful for. i surprisingly don't make "thankful" lists at thanksgiving. as much as i love lists, you'd think it would be natural for me, but i just don't do it. so this year, in light of all the new things in my life, i will for the first time, put together my top ten things i am thankful for:

i am thankful for orange
i am thankful for the world's heaviest blanket and sleeping at my warmest
i am thankful for sweaters with hoods
i am thankful for cheese - all kinds, shapes, colors, consistencies and reasons to eat it
i am thankful for music - the well-put-together kind where the lyrics and energy and crescendos and mix all lend itself to the feel and sound
i am thankful for laughter. the kind that takes you over, seduces others into it, the kind that makes you feel like you've just had a massage and gone on a roller-coaster all at the same time
i am thankful for being able to do what i am passionate about. and get paid for it
i am thankful for the many many people in my life whom i love, my family and friends, my co-workers, my church family
i am thankful for my dot
i am thankful that i am a citizen of heaven

0 comments:

Post a Comment

chaos? monotony?


both. neither. a mashup.

all of the above.

whatever it is, it is my life.

and i love every minute of it.

:: trace jackson