tangoes

at the in-laws for tgiving. we drove up here this evening, stopped at burger king and used our 2 $5 gift cards to pickup a little dinner (yay-veggie burger!), and met the family at my dot's parent's house. we'll be staying here for two nights.

there are two kids here, i think they are my dot's cousins once removed, and i brought out my tangoes for us to play together. my mom-in-law said i make a good babysitter, but the truth is i just make a good peer.

i met some of my dot's family that either i hadn't met before or just didn't remember. and niecy is here (my best friend.. since high school. she's now my sister-in-law. we did, after all, want to be sisters!) and she spent most of the evening in the kitchen making stuff for tomorrow. me? i just brought some broccoli/cheese casserole and a couple of bags of chips. the chips were requested, the casserole was a bonus bring.

i figured since it's been a tradition in my family, i could bring it to my dot's. plus it will give me an entree to eat in the midst of all the animal protein.

it's quiet now.. most everyone has either left or gone to bed. it's been a good day, a good time getting to know everyone and get to be part of the family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

chaos? monotony?


both. neither. a mashup.

all of the above.

whatever it is, it is my life.

and i love every minute of it.

:: trace jackson