the orange setee

my dot and i have been able to get some new furniture lately. it's been so neat seeing the living room come together the way it has. and i feel that we have a look that is "us", especially with the addition of the entertainment center we just got. the wood work on it is something i felt my dot would really appreciate.

i'm especially lovin' the burnt orange sofa and setee. because.. well.. they're orange. and we're going to paint one of the walls in the room orange to balance it all out.

and very soon we will have wood flooring.

and after that we will have company.

it will be such a treat to be able to invite people over.. i cannot wait!!

i was thinking about all of the new stuff we have been able to get and it is so tempting to put it all on a pedastal and live our lives to keep it clean and in perfect condition. we can let it rule us as possessions tend to do. and so i am thankful for every little flaw in each piece we have. oh, i assure you i have noticed those flaws. but i am grateful for them, as they keep things in perspective for me. just like the crack in my windshield.

my "stuff" isn't pristine. it isn't perfect. it's already gotten wear and tear as "stuff" tends to get.

good! then i won't worry about it and tip-toe around it. i will use it as it is intended to be used. take good care of it. but i won't place it above my life and it will not rule me.

b'sides.. while the orange setee is cute and comfy.. my room in my Father's mansion has much cooler furniture! i'm holdin' out for the good stuff!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

chaos? monotony?


both. neither. a mashup.

all of the above.

whatever it is, it is my life.

and i love every minute of it.

:: trace jackson